Formerly named “Hantot”, the chateau finds its origins in the re-grouping of lands before the revolution of 1789. Paul Alexander
Desclaux de la Coste was the first proprietor. The Chateau was rebuilt in 1870 exactly the way it stands today. It was at the turn of the 1930’s where Robert Luc, the grandfather of the current owner, acquired the domain and its vineyards. In 2006, Xavier Beaumartin, took over at the helm of the property. After a career in the industrial sector and his parallel involvement in the renewal of Chateau Laroque in Saint Emilion, Xavier Beaumartin decided to give a new perspective to the wines of the family estate, set in the vineyards of Pessac-Léognan. The idea was simple: express, with the utmost sincerity, the potential of this lovely terroir. The vinifications and barrel ageing are undertaken with subtlety and tact, with full respect of the traditional methods.