Christina Netzl on this wine: “The Zweigelt grapes love warm days and cooler nights, and most importantly windy places. Our warm Pannonian climate combined with cool winds from the Danube river, therefore, represent the ideal conditions for our most important grape variety. The grapes are able to ripen all while keeping their fresh cherry aromas and juicy palate!”
Tasting Notes: As Christina herself exclaims: „We love the Zweigelt-grape!” Light red with purple glints, juice cherry aromas in the nose, red berries, soft and silky tannins, and fresh finish, this is one tasty addition. Serve lightly chilled.
Fun facts about the Winemaker:
- The Netzl family has lived and farmed in the very same village since 1650
- Having helped her family with running the mixed farm and vineyards since an early age, Christina knew she wanted to be a winemaker already at the tender age of five
- Inspired by the quality of the natural wines she discovered while living in London and the birth of her two daughters, Christina decided to turn the whole property organic in 2013 and started her own range of natural wines two years later
- The labels of the wines are a tribute to the beneficiary insects that inhabit the vineyards where they help manage pests and build soil health and biodiversity
- The whole family lives and makes wine in the same charming house – a veeery long building running from the street straight up to the cellar and one of their vineyards!